If you don't like whole wheat cookies, you frankly have not tried this one. Need I say more?
Cream together:
2 c softened butter (room temp)
2 c organic sugar
2 c organic brown sugar
Add:
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
Grind 5 cups of old fashioned oats in a food processor or blender.
Combine in a bowl:
the ground oats
4 cups of whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
Slowly start combining the flour mixture into the creamed mixture. This makes a lot so I recommend using a large mixer (mine usually ends up overflowing a bit) or mixing with your hands in a very large bowl.
Add in 2 bags of chocolate chips (I used Ghiradeli milk chocolate in the pictures). Place on ungreased cookie sheet in golf ball sizes about 2 inches apart. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 min. Makes 92 cookies!
The oatmeal in these give them a great flavor I can't describe. I often make these at Christmas but they are great any time of year.
6 comments:
These are the best cookies!
I LOVE chocolate chip cookies, but I always feel guilty abut eating them. After I get settles in my new & feel up to baking again, I will have to make these! Thanks!
I'm excited to try these. I've never seen organic brown sugar. Where do you get it?
I thought I saw somewhere that you didn't have a food processor...
P.S. I finally found the Biolage. Ha!
I have a mini food processor that I can do a little bit at a time. But, I did say at one point that I didn't have one to make pie crust in....the mini is too small for that.
I buy the organic brown sugar at Albertsons or through Azure Standard.
I've been meaning to tell you... these are wonderful. They're a big hit around here!
I usually cut the recipe in half. Also, I've been freezing a large portion of the dough in the golf ball sizes so that I have some on hand to just throw in the oven. HOWEVER, my husband gets into the frozen dough quite frequently, so this perfect little plan of mine has been foiled :)
Love it! I will have to try making these. I love to use whole wheat flour, whole wheat pasta, etc.
Post a Comment