9.30.2009

Fried Rice

This is so easy to make and pretty darn healthy. I use brown rice which makes it even better for you. I can see why this is a staple in so many other countries. It's also a great way to use up leftovers.

4 cups leftover refrigerated rice
1 diced onion
oil (olive oil or coconut oil)
2 eggs
2-4 tbsp soy sauce to taste
1 tsp paprika
salt
pepper
garlic (1 minced clove or a dash of powder)
leftover veggies (peas, corn, chopped spinach, bell peppers, green beans, mushrooms, etc.)

Saute the cold rice, onion, and veggies in oil. Add soy sauce, salt, pepper, garlic. Push rice mixture to the side and crack eggs into the skillet, blending them as they cook. Serve.

Notes-
In the pictures I used spinach and green beans. This was not a big hit with the kids. They liked it better the next time I made it with carrots and corn. Use whatever sounds good to you. My husband and I really like this new dish.

4 comments:

Mama Melissa said...

I love this dish, too. I don't necessarily add the garlic, but I do add onion powder and/or fresh onion.

Add a can of red beans for something a little different, too!!

Melissa

Wanda said...

One can never go wrong with stir-fry!
It rocks!
I love to kick it up with steak or chicken.
Yummy!

Catherine said...

This is such a GREAT way to use up leftover rice and it can be thrown together so quickly. Definitely works-for-me, too!

Jessica said...

Thanks for this idea. I made the fried rice for lunch yesterday and it was really good. I did substitute Bragg's Liquid Aminos for the soy sauce (http://bragg.com/products/la.html)

Although, I am trying to avoid soy products altogether because of the little bit that I've read about it's estrogen producing/mimicking properties in the body. (I'm almost certain that some of my female problems are the result of estrogen-dominance in my system.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails